Energy certificate

Since 2013, any property for sale or rent must have an energy performance certificate. Otherwise, the owners could be fined with penalties ranging from 300 to 6,000 euros.

This certificate shall specify through a scale of seven letters A to G, the level of CO2 emissions from housing compared to the dimensions of the building.

What buildings must be certified?

Usually all properties available for sale or rent. The legislation includes some exceptions, although most of them are not representative of the existing housing.

Thus, for example, it is not mandatory for premises rented for less than four months, isolated buildings with less than 50 square meters (net internal area), buildings and monuments that alters their character or appearance, places of worship or religious landmarks, temporary constructions (for less than two years) and the non-residential part of industrial and agricultural buildings.

It is mandatory for all new buildings and also in cases of arquitectural rehabilitation or refurbishment of a building with a usable surface area greater than 1,000 square meters, which affects more than 25% of the total of its enclosures.

If you have any doubt, SOUL HOUSING will help you to obtaing this certificate. It is fast, simple and unexpensive!